There will be a traditional building skills and materials exhibition at The Lighthouse, Glasgow as part of this year’s Doors Open Day in Glasgow.
Architecture & Design Scotland will be hosting the event which will take place on 19 September.
There will be a series of expert talks for everyone to enjoy and ask questions. Experts will also be present throughout the day to answer your specific questions.
- 11.00am – Alasdair White (National Federation of Roofing Contractors) Roof Leadwork – what to do and what not to do!
- 12 noon – Colin Tennant (Historic Scotland) Repairing and maintaining your traditional building; what you need to know
- 1.00pm – Michelle De Bruin – Stone Carving
- 2.00pm – Graeme Frame (Stone Federation Great Britain) How to Undertake Stone Repairs
- 3.00pm- Sash & Case Windows – Historic Scotland Presentation with Rowen and Scott giving a practical demonstration