The next few weeks are very busy for STBF but we are planning for future events and would welcome any ideas, or requests.
- 19 January – Traditional Scottish Roof Slating Free CPD at Architecture & Design Scotland, Edinburgh – delivered by National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC)
- 20 January – Fife and Tayside Traditional Building Forum Inaugural Meeting
- 21 January – Traditional Roof Leadwork Free CPD at Architecture & Design Scotland, Edinburgh – delivered by NFRC
- 27 January – Selecting the Correct Stone (£10) CPD at Glasgow City Heritage Trust – delivered by Stone Federation Great Britain (SFGB)
- 28 January – Selecting the Correct Stone CPD at Anderson Bell Christie Architects (CPDs can be delivered free of charge to architectural and surveying practices)
- 2 February – Flat Roofing Free CPD at Architecture & Design Scotland, Edinburgh – delivered by NFRC
- 3 February – Forth Valley Traditional Building Forum meeting
- 10 February – Repair & Restoration of Stone (£10) CPD at Glasgow City Heritage Trust – delivered by SFGB
The Scottish Traditional Building Forum is a voluntary group of likeminded individuals who aim to promote the need to repair and maintain Scotland’s traditional buildings and share best practice in doing so.
Any architects or surveyors interested in hosting CPDs at their premises is asked to contact STBF via this website. Anyone interested in attending any of these events can view details of how to book places under the events section of this website.
We are also looking forward to the Scottish Apprenticeship Week event in Glasgow, the Edinburgh Traditional Building Festival (part of the official Festival Fringe), traditional building skills demonstration near Stirling and a Summer School in Stirling for those leaving school and seeking a bit of assistance in choosing the right career path for them.
Another busy and productive year for STBF and we hope you are able to join us at one, or more, of our events.
Visit the events section of this website or follow our Twitter account (@scottradbuild) to keep up to date with events as and when they are planned.